Kathryn Byler is an attorney focusing her practice in the areas of real estate, 业务, 监护, 以及遗产规划事宜. 她加入了Pender & Coward after graduating from Regent Law School in 1998.
As a licensed Virginia real estate broker and commercial property owner, Kathryn brings a heightened understanding of her clients’ real estate and 业务 needs. Her professional volunteer efforts include serving as Chair of the VA State Bar Real Property Section and Chair of the VA State Bar District 2-1 Disciplinary Committee.
Kathryn is an adjunct professor at Regent University School of Law. 在和彭德练习之前 & Coward, she was a faculty member at Old Dominion University, Tidewater Community College and Virginia Wesleyan College.
Routinely represents family members of persons with mental and/or physical disabilities to have them determined incapacitated adults and the petitioners appointed guardians. This appointment enables the guardian to apply for entitlements (Medicaid, SSI), 与医生沟通, 建立一个安全的生活安排, 可持续发展的环境, and make decisions in the best interests of the incapacitated adult.
Drafted and executed a Will at the hospital for a client who passed away days later, providing him with peace of mind knowing that his estate was being distributed according to his wishes.
Represented a property owner against a tenant with a past due balance exceeding one year’s rent. Gained possession so the home could be sold and judgment against the tenant so efforts to collect the past due rent could be initiated.
Represented a family with a home that had been vacant for more than a year due to disability and death of elderly parents. 安排继续投保, 一个评估, 出售贵重物品的不动产, 垃圾处理, 清理财产, 房屋清单, and closing of the sale with proceeds available for the remaining elderly adult in an assisted living facility.
- Virginia State Bar, Second District Committee, 2018-present
- Virginia State Bar, Special Committee on Resolution of Fee Disputes, Chair, 2014-present
- Virginia State Bar, 房地产 Section, Chair, 2021-2022
- Virginia State Bar, Circuit Committee on Resolution of Fee Disputes, Chair, 2006-2014
- 弗吉尼亚海滩 Association General District Court, Judicial Liaison Committee, Chair
- AV® Rated, Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
- Coastal Virginia's Top Lawyers, 房地产, 2022 and 2023
- Virginia's Legal Elite, 房地产/Land Use, 2021 and 2022
- Regent University Outstanding Alumni Award, 2009-2010
- 弗吉尼亚海滩 Bar Association Service Award, 2016
- Nora Spencer Homner Award, American Lung Association of Virginia, 1994
- 弗吉尼亚海滩 Forum, President, 2010-2011 season, Board of Directors, 2008–present
- Central Business District Association (CBDA) Design Review Committee, 2022
- 诺福克州立大学，商科 & 经济发展顾问委员会，2013年
- Centura College, Paralegal Program Advisory Board, 2007–2012
- Election Protection, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights under Law, 2008
- Virginia Aviation Foundation, Board of Directors, 2004–2007
- American Cancer Society, Corporate Leadership Council, 2005 & 2006
- American Lung Association, SEVA, President, 1995-1996
- American Lung Association of Virginia, Board of Directors, 1992-1997
- Animals in the House: An Explanation of Service Animals, Support Animals and Pets for Landlords and Tenants - 2023年9月
- 2023年弗吉尼亚州的新法律 - 2023年6月
- New Laws in Virginia Effective July 1, 2022 and Highlights of Other Proposed Bills ——2022年6月
- Holding on to a Family Legacy: Transferring Wealth through Real Property - 2021年12月
- 弗吉尼亚州的新法律于2021年7月1日生效 ——2021年6月
- New Laws in Virginia Effective July 1, 2020 and Noteworthy Actions by the Virginia Legislature - 2020年6月
- Commercial Landlord-Tenant Relations During the COVID-19 Pandemic - 2020年4月
- Can Virginia Renters Be Evicted During the COVID-19 Crisis? - 2020年4月
- 弗吉尼亚州法案和新法律要点 for 2019 - 2019年6月
- 弗吉尼亚州法案和新法律要点 ——2018年7月
- Supreme Court of Virginia Shifts Jurisdiction of Some Actions of Unlawful Detainer ——2017年4月
- 不起诉解决费用纠纷 - 2016年8月
- Byler在《欧博APP》中撰文 - 2015年1月
- 欢迎加入! 军人家庭住宅租赁 ——2014年11月
- The Legal Side of Aging and Dementia: Advance Planning Tools, Commitment Proceedings, Guardianships & 管理 - 2013年3月